Full details of all the new courses will be available on the Open Evenings at Coombeshead Academy and Teign School and online.
Pathway 1Advanced Levels
- Students study four subjects in Year 12 and normally three through to Year 13.
- They may include one or more facilitating subjects to ensure entry into the Russell Group Universities.
- These include Oxford, Cambridge, Exeter, Bristol or a leading University in a student’s field of study.
Pathway 2Advanced Levels and Level 3 BTEC
- Students at Coombeshead Academy will study four subjects in Year 12.
- And normally students will continue to study three subjects through to Year 13.
- They will be aspiring to University entry or Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Pathway 3Vocational Courses at Level 2
- For students with fewer than five GCSE grade Cs or above. Students will select two Level 2 courses (details to follow as courses have not been published yet), re-sit English and Mathematics.
- In addition, students will undertake work experience and this will be accredited through BTEC. This will equip students to go onto Level 3 courses or Apprenticeships.